- The Transit of Venus Enterprise in Victorian Britain (Science & Culture in the Nineteenth Century).
- The Transit of Venus Enterprise in Victorian Britain: Introduction.
- Polyglot: How I Learn Languages;
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Narnia)!
- (PDF) The Transit of Venus Enterprise in Victorian Britain | Jessica Ratcliff - ovmomacifi.gq.
Google Scholar. Marc Rothenberg et al.
CrossRef Google Scholar. Government Printing Office, , — Paul N.
The Transit of Venus Enterprise in Victorian Britain | NHBS Academic & Professional Books
Government Printing Office, , 68— Hilmar W. George B.
Kenneth J. William H. The standard study of scientific exploration in the United States is William H. Knopf, Stephen J.
Melvil Decimal System: 523.92
Personalised recommendations. Cite chapter How to cite?
ENW EndNote. Buy options.
- Healing Connection: Story Of Physicians Search For Link Between Faith & Hea;
- Furnishing the Mind: Concepts and Their Perceptual Basis (Representation and Mind series).
- Account Options!
- Subscribe to RSS;
- American Progressivism: A Reader.
- Transit Venus Enterprise Victorian Britain by Ratcliff Jessica - AbeBooks!
- New Lovecraft Circle.
Ratcliff, Jessica Overview. Publication Timeline.
Making Science Global? Coordinated Enterprises in Nineteenth-century Science
Most widely held works by Jessica Ratcliff. The transit of Venus enterprise in Victorian Britain by Jessica Ratcliff 19 editions published between and in English and held by WorldCat member libraries worldwide In the second half of the nineteenth century, the British Government spent a vast amount of money measuring the distance between the earth and the sun using observations of the transit of Venus.
Hundreds of expeditions were organized by countries across the globe to collect data on the transits of and , using the most up-to-date astronomical instruments and new photographic methods.
Ratcliff presents a clear and compelling narrative of the two Victorian transit programmes. She draws out their cultural significance and explores the nature of 'big science' in late-Victorian Britain. Samuel Morland, inventor : calculation and career in the seventeenth century by Jessica Ratcliff 1 edition published in in English and held by 1 WorldCat member library worldwide.
The East India Company, the company's museum, and the political economy of natural hsitory in the early nineteenth century by Jessica Ratcliff Book 1 edition published in in English and held by 1 WorldCat member library worldwide.